Welcome To The North Lanark Highland Games
Saturday August 22, 2015
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
N.L.A.S. Fairgrounds, Almonte, Ontario
August 4th, 2015
- Christoph Wand will be this year's guest of honour.
July 30th, 2015
- The Smiths Falls Gordon Pipe Band will serve as the duty band for the 32nd highlands games.
July 28rd, 2015
- The 32nd North Lanark Highland Games will feature a bouncy castle for the children. Bring the whole family and enjoy the festivities.
July 23rd, 2015
- Athletes competing in this years games have been posted. Please check out their bios here and be sure to come out and cheer them on.
April 19th, 2015
- Dance competition online entry form available here
For more information
Celebrate the Scottish culture and heritage of the Ottawa Valley at the 32nd annual North Lanark Highland Games in Almonte, on Saturday, August 22nd, 2015. Our games are held in the historic town of Almonte at the beautiful old grounds of the North Lanark Agricultural Society on the banks of Ontario's Mississippi River.
The Games offer a traditional format and size attracting about 6,000 visitors. Twenty pipe bands, a hundred dancers and champion heavyweight athletes combine to present what is recognized as one of the Ottawa valley's premier summer events.
With mini games organized for kids and the picturesque Mississippi as the backdrop, the Almonte games have a reputation not only as having the prettiest site but also as being the friendliest games on the Ontario circuit.
The grounds feature numerous Scottish concessions, where visitors may obtain traditional clothing, Scottish food, refreshments, souvenir items, crafts, and genealogical information.
Parking is free off-site with a convenient free shuttle service provided.
The games start at 9:00am, opening ceremonies are at 1:00pm, with final massed bands at 5:30pm and in the evening, a ceilidh (Scottish party) will be held at the beer garden site.
Ticket prices at the gate are $17.00 for adults and $6.00 for children (6-13) while advance ticket prices are $14.00 for adults (no advance purchase for children's tickets). Tickets are available at a number of local retailers:
- Almonte: Mill Street Books
- Carleton Place: Carleton Place Chamber of Commerce
- Pakenham: Nicholson's Sundries