Welcome To The North Lanark Highland Games
Saturday August 23, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
N.L.A.S. Fairgrounds, Almonte, Ontario
August 12th, 2014
- Browse the list of Vendors and Clans confirmed for the 31st Highland games.
August 9th, 2014
- Lynn Boland Richardson will be the guest of honour for the 31st Highland Games
August 4th, 2014
- The Smiths Falls Gordon Pipe Band will be performing in this years opening ceremonies parade.
June 12th, 2014
- Click here to view profiles of the competitors competing in the Canadian Women's Heavyweight Championship.
June 10th, 2014
- The 78th Fraser Highlander Musket Squad will be performing at 3:00PM. Click here to view a brief bio.
June 8th, 2014
- Dance registration form for the 31st games is now available. Click here to view.
For more information
Celebrate the Scottish culture and heritage of the Ottawa Valley at the 31st annual North Lanark Highland Games in Almonte, on Saturday, August 23th, 2014. Our games are held in the historic town of Almonte at the beautiful old grounds of the North Lanark Agricultural Society on the banks of Ontario's Mississippi River.
The Games offer a traditional format and size attracting about 6,000 visitors. Twenty pipe bands, a hundred dancers and champion heavyweight athletes combine to present what is recognized as one of the Ottawa valley's premier summer events.
With mini games organized for kids and the picturesque Mississippi as the backdrop, the Almonte games have a reputation not only as having the prettiest site but also as being the friendliest games on the Ontario circuit.
The grounds feature numerous Scottish concessions, where visitors may obtain traditional clothing, Scottish food, refreshments, souvenir items, crafts, and genealogical information.
Parking is free off-site with a convenient free shuttle service provided.
The games start at 9:00am, opening ceremonies are at 1:00pm, with final massed bands at 5:30pm and in the evening, a ceilidh (Scottish party) will be held at the beer garden site.
Ticket prices at the gate are $17.00 for adults and $6.00 for children (6-13) while advance ticket prices are $14.00 for adults (no advance purchase for children's tickets). Tickets are available at a number of local retailers:
- Almonte: Mill Street Books
- Carleton Place: Carleton Place Chamber of Commerce
- Pakenham: Nicholson's Sundries