Welcome To The North Lanark Highland Games
Saturday August 27, 2016
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
N.L.A.S. Fairgrounds, Almonte, Ontario
July 26th, 2016
- Heavy Event athletes for the 33rd highland games have now been posted. This year will feature an East Coast vs. Ontario competition.
May 21st, 2016
- Dance registration is now open for 2016.
May 17th, 2016
- For 2016, tickets for children under 12 will be free
May 12th, 2016
- The RCMP Pipes and Drums will be acting as the duty band for the 33rd highland games
For more information
Celebrate the Scottish culture and heritage of the Ottawa Valley at the 33rd annual North Lanark Highland Games in Almonte, on Saturday, August 27th, 2016. Our games are held in the historic town of Almonte at the beautiful old grounds of the North Lanark Agricultural Society on the banks of Ontario's Mississippi River.
The Games offer a traditional format and size attracting about 6,000 visitors. Twenty pipe bands, a hundred dancers and champion heavyweight athletes combine to present what is recognized as one of the Ottawa valley's premier summer events.
With mini games organized for kids and the picturesque Mississippi as the backdrop, the Almonte games have a reputation not only as having the prettiest site but also as being the friendliest games on the Ontario circuit.
The grounds feature numerous Scottish concessions, where visitors may obtain traditional clothing, Scottish food, refreshments, souvenir items, crafts, and genealogical information.
Parking is free off-site with a convenient free shuttle service provided.
The games start at 9:00am, opening ceremonies are at 1:00pm, with final massed bands at 5:30pm and in the evening, a ceilidh (Scottish party) will be held at the beer garden site.
Ticket prices at the gate are $17.00 for adults and $6.00 for children (6-13) while advance ticket prices are $15.00 for adults (no advance purchase for children's tickets). Children under 12 will be free (2016 Only). Tickets are available at a number of local retailers:
- Almonte: Mill Street Books
- Carleton Place: Carleton Place Chamber of Commerce
- Pakenham: Nicholson's Sundries